P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

Florida state statute 720.303(5)(a)(b) requires access to HOA

Florida state statute 720.303(5)(a)(b) requires access to HOA records within 10 days of request.

Does this also require the HOA to search for specific records on behalf of a member as requested by their lawyer or is the member required to do their own searches? There was no subpoena.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

The law does not require the HOA to "search" the records. It only requires access.

The law is quite clear on that.

If you look at the language in the statute, there is no requirement for the HOA to do anything other than provide access and to provide copies (if the HOA has a copy machine and if the request for copies is less than 25)

Please let me know if you have more questions...happy to assist if I can