dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues

Im a photographer , I received a deposit for a photo shoot..

I'm a photographer , I received a deposit for a photo shoot.. I never heard from the client. Over a year later I receive an email for a full refund on the deposit. Do I have to give back the money. We have no contract. Is their a standard expiration date for deposits on services?
Hello and thank you for your question. For over 35 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

If you were a dry cleaner, and a person left clothes, after one year you could dispose of them. But , without a written contract, the laws of bailment do not apply in this case. Accordingly, you must return the deposit. Sorry. Thanks for understanding. Please be so kind as to rate my answer ok or better so that I am paid for helping you. I wish you well.