Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

hw can i contact my relative who is in custodia by the border

hw can i contact my relative who is in custodia by the border patrol in brownsville?
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am very sorry for your relative's situation. First of all, have you confirmed that the U.S. Customs and Border Protection or Immigration and Customs Enforcement has them? Or you are only assuming?

Why do you assume that they are in Brownsville?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im assuming becouse shi said to me , she was living last friday from reinosa mexico to houston. on monday i get a phone call that i miss and when i call back the boarder patrol answer me but they dont give informatio!!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im assuming!!

i received i phone call that i miss it. when i call back the border patrol answer me

Thank you. One second please while I am typing out your answer...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hellow!!

Thank you, J.

Okay, let us assume that she is being held in custody. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the one that takes in any individuals that may have questionable immigration status. Then they are quickly turned over to the nearest U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility. That facility may be searched here. One can search for any inmate processed within the last 24 hours and you can possibly see if your relative is being held by an ICE facility.

If not, the only other place would be the Cameron County Detention Center which is the holding facility for Brownsville (I do not believe that Brownsville has a city jail otherwise). There are three main facilities:

Old County Jail
954 E. Harrison Brownsville, TX 78520 (NNN) NNN-NNNN

Detention Center 1
1145 E. Harrison
Brownsville, TX 78520 (NNN) NNN-NNNN

Detention Center 2
1145 E. Harrison
Brownsville, TX 78520 (NNN) NNN-NNNN

You may also simply call the Cameron County Sheriff's Department to find out if someone was booked by calling(NNN) NNN-NNNNOR calling ANY bail bondsman in the county (let me know if you need a list of numbers).

I hope this helps and clarifies. Good luck. Between ICE and the local county, she should be found if she is in custody.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you!!

You are very welcome. Good luck, and please don't forget to rate my answer in one of top three faces and then SUBMIT – it is the only way I get credit for my time with you – or, please REPLY to keep on chatting – I want you to be satisfied.
Thank you for your gratuity. If you cannot find them via these contacts, get back to me and we will go from there...