Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

What CA state department would I call to get a copy of my own

What CA state department would I call to get a copy of my own Trust?
Since moving, I cannot locate my will -which had the documents. I do know I have a Trust, and I have the name of the Trust (from mortgage papers). However, I need a Certification of Trust document for new finance endevor. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Trusts are generally not recorded with the state. It may be possible for you to contact the probate office in the county where the initial trust was created, speak with the clerk, and ask for records under your name. Then, if your attorney (or you) formally recorded the trust with the courts, a copy of the documentation provided to the courts could be able to be obtained directly from the trust which would then provide you with all of the information that you are currently seeking. Beyond that I cannot imagine where the trust documentation would be since it is ultimate a private document.

Hope that helps.