Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I had a DUI in February 2013. Went through the process and

I had a DUI in February 2013. Went through the process and was sentanced. Part of the sentacnce was sheriff labor, 5 day's.
While working my 2nd day I was injured. Sheriff told me to go to ER or urgent care and come back with a note saying i can or can't do physical labor. I tore my maniscus (sp) and the note said I could NOT do physical labor. my time was almost up to complete my 5 day's. The sheriff told me to come back when I could work and that I must have a doctors note. He said they would hold my file.

This was where the communication ended.

Due to this I have a Warrant for Failure to Appear.

My lawyer tried to have it quashed but my PO refused to approve it... she does not like me at all.. not sure why, i have not violated anything.

I live in Idaho and work in Washington. Can the police or my PO come to my work in WA and arrest me???

My lawyer said he was going to file something... "I will notice it up for hearing".

What does that mean.. he won't call me back and I'm sick with worry....

Warrant is for 5 day's no bond... Help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation. I can understand how this can be a frightening ordeal. Can you please clarify something for me - do you have a hearing coming up in regards XXXXX XXXXX alleged violation? If so, when?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not yet. As of yesterday, my lawyer said he was going to file for a hearing.. I can't get ahold of him so I hope that's where he is....

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, D.

Okay, I understand the situation. Now, this is rather an open-ended question. What exactly are you asking here? What happens next? Whether or not the warrant may be quashed? Something else...?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Warrant is in Idaho, I work in Washington...

can police or my PO come to my work in Washington and get me???

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, D.

Unlikely. While a warrant is cause for the police to arrest, this is unlikely because of the following:

1) probation/parole/bond warrants are lowest priority unless the Defendant is deemed dangerous; as such
2) officers generally do not go out of their way to arrest individuals on these warrants. While you may be arrested if stopped and/or if you simply walk into your PO's office,
3) because you are out of state, the police are unlikely to pursue you here, especially because
4) your attorney seems to be working on the case and possibly setting this up for a hearing.

In short, while one may be arrested for this violation and transported back to await a hearing, the chances are MORE LIKELY that your attorney will work out a hearing and the matter will be heard and hopefully quashed then and there.

While it is not recommended to walk around any police stations in the meantime (an absurd recommendation, but one to get the point across), this will likely be handled at a hearing.

"I will notice it up for hearing" means that the attorney will attempt to set a hearing, have the warrant quashed, and have you present to handle the matter before the Judge.

Worrying is natural. It is okay. However, please try not to catastrophize. See here. Our brain immediately imagines worst scenarios and runs with it. I am sure you are already imagining prison time or being on the run somewhere. Try to rationalize this out a bit. The matter is simple and you have good counsel. The Judge is strict but fair. This should be settled quickly and it likely will be fine. In a few years, this will all seem like a bad dream.

Good luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Ely,

I worry because of where I work, I sit with VP's and above. I'm a single mom and have nobody to take care of my son. I just want this over...

I thought listening to the Sheriff was smart and sound... lesson learned.. and where my lawyer is great, he's very bad at getting back to me.. hense my visit to this site... I will continue to worry and be sick about this till my attorney tells me he has a hearing that will hopefully put this on hold till I can talk to a judge...

Thanks very much

Deana

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
D,

I'm a single mom and have nobody to take care of my son. I just want this over...

I can understand how you feel. Remember - anxiety can have just as a dire effect on you as anything else. Please remember not to catastrophize and worry yourself into a frenzy. This is a difficult time, but take it day by day, and it will be solved eventually.

I thought listening to the Sheriff was smart and sound... lesson learned.. a

Right. Your interest is NOT what is in their heart. Only your attorney works in your interest.

and where my lawyer is great, he's very bad at getting back to me..

Unfortunately, that particular melody inflicts a large percentage of the legal profession.

Thanks very much

You are very welcome. Good luck, and please don't forget to rate my answer in one of top three faces and then SUBMIT – it is the only way I get credit for my time with you – or, please REPLY to keep on chatting – I want you to be satisfied.
Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.