dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues

I filed personal bankruptcy in Dec 2010 and I still have tax

I filed personal bankruptcy in Dec 2010 and I still have tax issues from my companies and personal taxes. Is there anyone that can help? Because there are several companies involved I can't afford to have my taxes filed. I know if I start to work somewhere that withholds taxes my wages will be garnished and I won't make enough to pay my child support and pay my bills. Any suggestions?

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 35 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

Even though your taxes were not dischargeable in a chapter 7, you can still file a chapter 13 BK now and list the taxes. Likewise, the taxes would be paid off through a court approved plan and you will be able to work and have money deposited without the fear that the IRS will seize your assets. Accordingly, you should consult with a BK attorney as most offer free consultations. Finally, if you do not want to go the BK route, you should meet with a CPA who is a former tax enrolled agent. He can file your tax returns and at the same time negotiate a repayment plan.

Finally, you cannot continue living underground. I wish I can offer more but your options are limited.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer ok or better so that I am paid for helping you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I won't have time to look until sat or sun