Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

My brother-in-law, who is not mentally stable and we believe

My brother-in-law, who is not mentally stable and we believe to be very dangerous, has posted pictures of my son on his Facebook. We do not want him to ever see a picture of my son ever again so that he doesn't know what he looks like. We are EXTREMELY concerned for our son's safety. Is there any legal action I can take to have those photos taken down? I tried reporting them and Facebook said they won't remove them.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to providing you with the information you need today.

Please tell me the pictures were on your FB wall? And they are still locate in your Photos? Is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They aren't on my wall, they were taken on his phone without my or my husband's permission.

Oh. I see. That is unfortunate. Because they are his property. If they were on your wall, of course, you would be able to delete them and they would not longer be available for him to use and automatically disappear from his wall.

Or if they were yours, then you could force FB to follow the Intellectual Property policy and have them removed

But since he took them and on his phone, he owns them regardless that you did not give permission.

I'm sorry. I know this is not the news you wanted to hear, but it is true and correct.