Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I have been paying on a debt that is all paid off now I just

I have been paying on a debt that is all paid off now I just got served Motion and order in supplemental proceedings for a judgment that was back in May that I never received papers for and they say that I owe for attorney fees and etc. for a late payment on that debt what can I do?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you never received the original suit, you must now file a motion to vacate the judgment based on failure of service of process and denial of your rights to due process. You would also object to the suit based on the affirmative defense of "accord and satisfaction," meaning you paid the debt off and never had notice of any suit and they failed to properly serve you as such any judgment should be vacated and dismissed.

You file the motion to vacate the judgment together with an Objection to the Supplemental proceeding.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

even if they say they sent it to my old place of business?

If they did not have proper personal service on you, then you can still argue service. Sending mail to an old closed business is not personal service so this can be argued as improper service.