Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience
12176198

if I have to go to trial for my felony e offense will my ex-husband

if I have to go to trial for my felony e offense will my ex-husband be present because im being accused of violating his order of protection and if so will I be able to go on the stand and tell the judge or jury all the horrible things hes done to me over the past 10 years that precipitated this matter
Hello.

He will likely have to be there to at least testify, if not for the whole trial. Someone has to get on the stand and testify as to your violation of the protection order. If there is another witness that observed you violate the order of protection then he may not have to come. But the prosecution will have to put on at least a witness, usually the victim, to prove a violation of the protective order.

It is unlikely that a judge will let you testify ad nauseam about things that happened in the past. Only relevant evidence and testimony is admissible in court. I realize that you think it is relevant, but a judge is not going to. In a trial for the order of protection, the only questions are 1. did the order exist and 2. did you violate it? Something that happened five or ten years ago is not relevant to those questions. A relevant issue would be if say he obtained an order of protection and you only violated it because he set you up to be in the same place as him. That is a defense, and that is relevant. A more lenient judge may give you some latitude to talk about past issues, but realistically, the judge will force you to keep your testimony to the questions at hand.