dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues

I have a non disclosure form that a client asked me to sign

I have a non disclosure form that a client asked me to sign which starts by saying "You have agreed to provide your services in relation to an upcoming audiovisual recording
session as part of an artistic project (“the Project”). In consideration of the sum of one pound
(£1) paid by me to you (the receipt and sufficiency of which you hereby acknowledge), you
hereby agree and undertake as follows" what is the exchange of money refer to? The contract?

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 35 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you. The exchange of money is the consideration which is a legal term. As such, it represents what you are receiving in exchange for providing your services as provided by the terms of the contract.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer ok or better so that I receive consideration for assisting you. I wish you well.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no contract this is the non disclosure form in order to discuss the project

Is this applicable in this context?

The non disclosure form is the contract; that is you agree for one pound to provide services. So YES it is applicable.

Thanks for the positive rating. I wish you success in your venture.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This refers to English or common law. And in California, our laws are codified. Likewise, consideration, regardless of the amount, is valid consideration once it is signed.