Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.

Hi. I have a girlfriend In Ghana,there want me to help her

Hi. I have a girlfriend In Ghana,there want me to help her with some heritage from her fater .But i have a problem with that ,courc i have never try this before and dont know enything about it or how i shal do it right without fail.I just want to be secure in this case.I dont know this lawyer or all this procedyre and want to know is he a real lawyer and how can i do this witout fail .He ask for my private paper like passport or driverlicent to procide this heritage .When you read this email i got from him you maby understand what it is its are about,i just want to do it right if its are tru or not just a bad story,i have problem to see what to do ,I like this girl but are not shure on what to do .
Here is this email i got from this lawyer i want to know, is he a real lawyer or can i trust him:Denne meddelelse indholder blokerede billeder.
Vis billeder
Indstillinger
Dear Mr.Sponte .
+4540950407
E-mail:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Thank you very much for your patience and time durring my telephone conversation with you. As a matter of fact, Fati has told me alot of good things about you and most of all the trust between you both, so she has assured me that you are going to be her foreign beneficiary to receive $7.8 Million USD Inheritance left to her by her deceased father in the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce known as CIBC in Canada.

Therefore, I hope we can meet in person to shake hands together after the transaction is completed very soon successfully. So I have decided to scan and attached a copy of my official lawyer id in my first email to you, it was issued by the Ghana Bar Association, and this is for your record only and to know whom you are talking to, you may also view my name ( AMPONSAH Alexander ) in the list of lawyers inside the website link below as a confirmation that i am in good standing with the Ghana Bar Association.

http://www.ghanabar.org/pdf/good-standing.pdf

Fati requested us to proceed immediately. So as i said earlier on the phone to you, that i already open communication with the banker incharge on this issue in CIBC bank, so I now provide you his direct contact details below.

Mr. Jackson Smith.
Director, International Remittance.
Email:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Direct Phone: +1 (XXX) XXX-XXXX.

On my own part, kindly send me your Identification scan copy such as (driver's license or International passport if you have one). I have also told the Canadian bank via email once again today that you are the foreign beneficiary to receive the funds on behalf of Fati, so that the bank will contact you to transfer the funds to your bank.

However in my last conversation with the banker, he said as soon we conclude then I must send all your information to him so that he can proceed with you.

MY CONTACTS AS FOLLOWS:

1. OFFICE PHONE -NNN-NN-NNNN14-661
2. MOBILE PHONE - 00233-24-940-7217
3. LAW FIRM - AMPONSAH LEGAL CHAMBERS & ASSOCIATES
4. OFFICE ADDRESS - NO. 40 LABONE CRESENT, ACCRA
5. RESIDENT ADDRESS - H/NO. 25/4A NUNGUA ROAD, GREDA ESTATE, ACCRA
6. PERSONAL EMAIL -XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
7. OFFICIAL ID. & ATTACHED.

AM REALLY HOPING THAT YOU WILL ACKNOWLEDGE MY EMAIL, SO THAT WE MAY PROCEED AHEAD.

THANKS AND REGARDS,

BARRISTER ALEXANDER AMPONSAH, ESQ.,LLB,BSC.
ATTORNEY AT LAW
AMPONSAH CHAMBERS & LAW CONSULTANCY
BARRISTER OF THE SUPREME COURT.
ACCRA - GHANA.

QUALIFICATIONS:
LL.B., UNIVERSITY OF GHANA, LEGON; MASTERS OF LAW DEGREE FROM TEMPLE SCHOOL OF LAW, PHILADELPHIA, PA.

AFFILIATIONS:
MEMBER OF THE GHANA BAR ASSOCIATION

EXPERIENCE:
BARRISTER ALEXANDER AMPONSAH IS THE PRINCIPAL IN THE AMPONSAH LAW CONSULTANCY. HE HAS CONDUCTED SEVERAL FINANCIAL SEMINARS IN COLLABORATION WITH DATABANK FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED, AN INVESTMENT BROKERAGE FIRM ON SUCH TOPICS AS STOCK EXCHANGE LISTING, VENTURE CAPITAL, FINANCE LEASING AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT. I ALSO SERVED AS CO-LEGAL COUNSEL WHEN THE FIRST GOVERNMENT OF GHANA-OWNED BANK, SOCIAL SECURITY BANK, WAS PRIVATIZED AND ITS SHARES LISTED ON THE GHANA STOCK EXCHANGE. RECENTLY APPOINTED BY UNIDO GHANA TO ADVISE ON THE IMPLICATIONS OF GATT FOR DEVELOPING ECONOMIES IN THE WEST AFRICA SUB-REGION. SERVES AS A DIRECTOR ON THE BOARD OF SOCIAL SECURITY BANK LIMITED. A FEW OF MY FIRM'S CLIENTS INCLUDE SOCIETE GÉNÉRALE, PARIS; UNION BANK OF SWITZERLAND; UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM, GHANA; UNIDO, GHANA; GHANA AUSTRALIA GOLDFIELDS LIMITED; AND GHANA NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION. AREAS OF PRACTICE INCLUDE CORPORATE LAW, TAX LAW, CORPORATE FINANCE AND SECURITIES, CONFLICT RESOLUTION, HUMAN RESOURCES AND CONSTRUCTION.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Just please remember that often the law is not good news. IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Have you met your girlfriend in person before or only over the internet, Skype, etc.? Have you sent money to her before like to maybe help buy a passport, visa, and/or airline ticket?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Yes understand what u talk about,no i have not meet her in real live only on internet ,i have meet lots there and know some lie

,i have never send her enything only words.but i just want to know can trust ths story,i dont belive t but have told her i will investigate it courc f ts right i think ts ok .But i just want to be secure and dont want to make some fail .But ok i told her i think its sound like a film ,i just want to be shure.And this lawyer is he real or fake and can i trust him,i dont send private paper to enyone and not to straingers ,only here.

This is all FAKE. These are generally romance scams. We get at least two or three questions like this on the website per week.

Normally the scam starts with trying to establish a romantic relationship, perhaps just a friendship at first. They also may claim to be a citizen of the UK or US or wherever so that you would not suspect they have any ulterior motive. They pull at your heartstrings by telling stories of hardship or tragedy that they have suffered in their life. At some point they want to come visit. They may ask you to send money for a passport and/or plane ticket. They may tell you that they have money, perhaps even that they are wealthy, but their money is tied up or something like that, perhaps they tie it into a tragedy or something. Then the next step is when they supposedly have the passport and plane ticket, they suddenly come up with this Basic Travel Allowance or (BTA) which is supposedly to show authorities that they have enough money to fund their trip. This is a lie. There is no such thing. They ask you to send that money so they can put it into a bank account to show the authorities. This is just another method to steal money from you. Then the next part of the scam would be when they are supposed to arrive. You wait for them at the airport and they never show up. A few days go by, you get extremely worried, none of your methods of communication work, and then suddenly a "friend" or "relative" of the scammer contacts you to let you know that she has been detained/arrested by authorities for carrying something illegal, I have heard of unregistered gold and they say it would have been a gift for you (perhaps to pay you back for the money you sent). The friend or relative of the scammer then asks for you to send money to bribe or pay fines in order to have the scammer released. From there, I have not heard of how else they are able to get money out of people. Of course there are variations to the scheme, but that's pretty much how it goes.

Here is a link that you can go to for more information:

http://ghana.usembassy.gov/romance_scam.html

And here is another link from the government of Ghana:

http://www.ghanaimmigration.org/FAQ.htm

and another:

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/international_financial_scams_brochure.pdf

and another:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/financial_scams/financial_scams_4554.html?action=/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_960.html

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/ and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I will say thank you for your help and understand

You are very welcome. Please do not forget to rate me positively. I am not get a salary, it is the only way that I get credit. You are not charged again and I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.