Have Legal Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.
oh sorry it's been about 2 weeks (well not quite yet). The buyer said he would give me a cashiers check on Sept 12th but he had problems getting the cashiers check because the bank said he had to wait 3 days (I think the money was just deposited so they have a waiting period). So we moved it to tomorrow Sept 17th. Now he emails me and wants to change it again because he has to work. He's in the next state so to help him out I ageed to to drive 500 miles and meet him halfway at a branch of my bank. So I think I have been very accomodating but my patience is wearing thin.
The deposit receipt is dated Sept 7th and at that tme they verbally told me that I would receive payment in full on September 12th (but I was alone so no witnesses to that). After that he changed it to tomorrow Sept 16th. And now today the guy emailed me saying he wanted to change it again because he has to work tomorrow.
I'll give them one more chance and if they don't go through then I'll send a certified letter telling them to pick a day in 5 days after receipt of certified mail or the sale is cancelled. And that they have to come here to pay me and pick up the boat. How would that be?
Thanks your the best!!!