dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues

An appeal hearing on a small claim case was heard on June 19th,

An appeal hearing on a small claim case was heard on June 19th, 2013. We have been told that he has 90 days to make a ruling if not he can be fined. Then through an attorney this morning we were told that he has 6 months to make a ruling but, after 90 days we can make a complaint on him. What can we do? Can we request for a new hearing by another judge? What forms can we file? This is for Sonoma County, California.

Thank you

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 35 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

The judge CANNOT be fined. Likewise, there are guidelines that hold that appellate rulings are to be decided within six months. Accordingly, if you do not hear by December 19, 2013, you can file a complaint with the Judicial Bar of California. Note, there is no form but you can address a letter to the Bar who will then investigate your claim. the Bar is located in Sacramento.

Please rate my answer ok or better so that I can paid for helping you. I wish you well.