Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I received this Pedro Quezada donation

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I received this Pedro Quezada donation offer. I feel this is a total scam, I want to be totally sure. It was for 2 million dollars which I have to pay $670 to start up open a temporal debit account so they can transfer the donation from that account to any account I wish as specified by my person of contact Mr.Sean Wright (Foreign Exchange Supervisor). The bank name HSBC Bank Pic, Canada Square London,Eng E14 5HQ United Kingdom. There is a registered number1026167Q. I thought since this was probably a scam what would they say if I said I could not come up with the debit account fee. Sean e-mailed me back stating since this is to be set up in my name that he would pay $370 and since this will be set up in my account it would be added on to the 2 mil deposit and pay him back after I transfer the money into my local account. All the paperwork and format looked legit
. I have not responded, I've been doing some checking out to see if this is legit which I am sure this not. So if you could help me out.
Hello and thank you for requesting me.

Can you provide me with a website of the 'company,' or there isn't one? Or is the claim coming directly from someone claiming to represent HSBC?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have 2 websites from Sean Wright : [email protected],uk and from Pedro [email protected]

These are not websites. These are emails.

An email looks like this: [email protected].

A website looks like this:

Also, can you please substitute "@" for "at" in the above, because the automatic privacy filter blocks it out. Such as "" Can you please give me the two emails above in such a way?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The two websites and also I have a number for Mr. Sean Wright +44 704-205-439and bank no.+44-XXX-XXX-XXXX and bank

Thank you.

On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and I am afraid this is one of these times.

This is a scam. We know this several ways:

1) No professional from a banking industry is going to use a Hotmail or Rogers email. These are free email accounts available to anyone in the world. Hotmail is from and Rogers is associated with Outlook is also a free email. In summary, these scammers are using free, virtually untraceable emails.

2) The pattern follows a well-known scam - see here.

3) No business with such large amounts would be handled via email.

In sum, this is a scam. I am sorry.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)