Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.
54899578

What are the penaltie(s) imposed in Maryland for an individual

What are the penaltie(s) imposed in Maryland for an individual (or a corporation) for practicing law without a license. Legal citation for the Statute in both answers and penalty
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The penalty for practicing law without a license in Maryland for an individual is a fine of up to $5,000 and/or up to five years of prison or a fine of up to $1,00 and/or up to a year in jail, depending on what code section was violated in the unauthorized practice of law.

This is laid out in Maryland Business Occupations and Professions Section 10-606
Article - Business Occupations and Professions

§ 10-606(a)(2) to 10606(c)

§ 10-606.
(a)
(2) An officer, director, partner, trustee, agent, or employee who acts to enable a corporation, partnership, or association to violate § 10-601 or § 10-602 of this subtitle is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $5,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or both.
(3) Except as provided in paragraphs (1) and (2) of this subsection, a person who violates § 10-601 of this subtitle is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $5,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or both.
(b) A person who willfully violates any provision of Subtitle 3, Part I of this title, except for the requirement that a lawyer deposit trust moneys in an attorney trust account for charitable purposes under § 10-303 of this title, is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $5,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 5 years or both.
(c) Except as provided in subsections (a) and (b) of this section, a person who violates any provision of this title is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $1,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or both.

For a corporation, it is a fine of up to $5,000

§ 10-606(a)(1)

(a) (1) A corporation, partnership, or any other association that violates § 10-601 or § 10-602 of this subtitle is subject to a fine not exceeding $5,000.

I've pasted the full code section here for reference:

§ 10-606.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service. Definitely contact me if you are contemplating leaving me a negative rating, as I’ll be happy to continue to address your concerns until you are satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get paid for my work. It is necessary for you to rate my answer even though you’ve made a deposit or are a subscriber. I only receive compensation for my work if you rate me positively. Otherwise, I receive nothing for assisting you, and the website retains your entire deposit.

Thanks and best of luck!

-Joseph