Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

What are the time requirements for the correction system in

What are the time requirements for the correction system in PA once an inmate is released on parole to MD
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

Can you please tell me what you mean by "time requirements for the correction system?" What are you asking, exactly?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am being told he is waiting transport to MD. My question is how long does he have to way for MD to pick him up? Also, when should PA have contacted MD? He (my son) made parole, was given a bed date of 16 Sep, but now is being told he has to legally wait until MD come for him. I would like to know what is the process?

A,

Thank you. What is he being transferred to MD for, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He was sentenced in both states. He served in PA and is being paroled to MD

Okay, thank you. Just to clarify, does he have any "time" left to serve in MD, or not?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He was sentenced to 7 years running concurrently, in MD in 2009.

Thank you. I take this to mean that he still has time to serve in MD. PA may have paroled him, but MD still is waiting for him to finish out serving the MD sentence.

This is called intrastate extradition.

Under the Constitution's Extradition of Fugitives Clause in the Constitution, a state, upon demand of another state, will deliver to that state a "fugitive from justice." The procedure has been largely codified in Interstate Agreement on Detainers. While state to state local rules differe, generally speaking, the state is supposed to send the prisoner to the other state WITHIN 60 DAYS of the other state's request (which is lodged almost automatically once his PA sentence is up). So, 60 days. He would also get credit in MD for any time spent in PA while waiting for the transfer.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Good luck.

If he HAS NO TIME to do in MD, then please REPLY and let me know and we will go from there.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)