LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts
7887522

I need to change my name legally because I am trying to get

I need to change my name legally because I am trying to get away from someone who is trying to kill me. I have a 3-year restraining order against him. That's the best I could do. I have excellent credit, I am not trying to get out of debt, taxes or anything else. I just want to get away from him (my brother). I also am in charge of my Mom's trust and she is dying in a safe board& care. He even tried to kidnap her. I have her safe under the restraining order and my dog is safe too.

LADYLAWYER : Hello, Thanks for your question! I look forward to helping you today. Please give me a moment to review your question and to answer you.
LADYLAWYER : Just want to make sure this is for CA?
LADYLAWYER : In order to change your name, you must file a Petition for Name Change with the CA courts. Because you are a victim of domestic violence, you are probably going to want to keep your name change confidential. There are ways to do this. You will need to register for the Safe at Home program. You can find their agency here: http://www.sos.ca.gov/safeathome/.
LADYLAWYER : It doesn't appear you are online right now. As such, I will check in with you tomorrow. If you read my reply and have more questions for me, please just post them and I will answer them tomorrow. Thanks so much!