Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18 Years bankruptcy experience. Member of the American Bankruptcy Institute.

Dear sir,2 years ago I had a website designer did my website.

Dear sir,
2 years ago I had a website designer did my website. This is a site that sells tours in Turkey. ( I never made any money from this site. very little or no e-mails. Today I got a letter from Getty images asking me $1175 for a picture on my website. It belonged to a photographer and the web designer(from Turkey) that I paid cash did not have the licence.
I have brought whole site down and shut it down. Translating the site in Turkish and changing all ingredients.
How ever Getty images ( they never sent me any warning before) states in their letter I have to pay this price. Normally picture is 750$. Its astronomical. I am also from Turkey and I may find the photographer and ask him to help me. I am very broke, and my businessin incorporated however I have 100$ on my account. What can I do. Please help me. How can I not pay the $1175
I've had similar events in the past. You may be able to negotiate with their attorney.
Since Getty owns the images, it probably won't help to reach out to the photographer. You could always try to get a license, but the photog could bill you too! If the photog sold to Getty, the photog may no longer own the rights either.
You may have a counterclaim against the company who designed the site, you should try to reach out to them as we'll.
be sure to take down the offending photos too

Let me know if you have any questions