Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

I have a tape confession of a person who committed a fraud

Customer Question

I have a tape confession of a person who committed a fraud with my name, but my lawyer told me it can not be used in court, because I did not tell him that I was recording our conversation. Is that true? I still do not believed it.

This guy will never confess, because he does not want to pay $ 40,000 dollars that was stolen from the business while he was using my name without my consent or knowleges. In that tape he admit that I did not know what was going on.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Dear Francisca, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be glad to assist you in any way I can,

You asked,

"I have a tape confession of a person who committed a fraud with my name, but my lawyer told me it can not be used in court, because I did not tell him that I was recording our conversation. Is that true? I still do not believed it. "

Answer

Thirty-Eight (38) States permit recording a conversation with the consent of only one of the parties, while twelve (12) States have what is called, "two-party consent" laws, which require the consent of both parties to the conversation before it can be recorded. The "two-party consent" States are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington. Since recording a party without his/her consent is a criminal offense, if these laws are violated, they would not only expose you to the risk of criminal prosecution, but also would expose you to a civil lawsuit by the aggrieved party for monetary damages.

Your Attorney's information was correct and he was advising you correctly so that you do not find yourself in more trouble and could be criminally prosecuted. But, you do not have to pay off somebody else's debt. Your recourse against this person is to sue him for fraud and claim not only the $40,000 that has been placed against you, but also for all damages that you are incurring because of the $40,000 debt that he has caused to be placed against your name,

I wish I could give you the Answer you want to hear, and it would have given me great pleasure to do so, but I have an ethical obligation to you to give only correct answers, so I am respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you not hold the law applicable to your situation against me because you are rating my service to you and not if you like or agree with the law,

Please be kind enough to give a rating of "Excellent Service" because that is the only way that I will receive credit for my time and effort in researching your question and furnishing you with Answers. It will not cost you anything additional to leave a positive rating,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

And the hold on my house because of the fraud, that this guy did? And they claimed they could not find me, so the got it done? Law suit against this guy will not take away what that company Vigo remittances is doing to me.

1. Who has put a hold on your house ? The person that committed the fraud on you ?

2. You stated, "Law suit against this guy will not take away what that company Vigo remittances is doing to me."

Who is "Vigo" ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

the company that claimed the money missing. Vigo Remittances is a company for sending money around the world. they put a hold on my house because of the money this guy took while still have my name on it. But this guy already owns them around $100,000 dollar belong to the business with them he had before. They ignore that fact and came after me.

Dear Francisca,

Your lawyer should sue him for fraud and should bring Vigo Remitances into the action so tha they will also be bound by the Judge's decision, That is the only way that you will force Vigo to understand that you do not have their money and that they are going after the wrong person when they are coming after you. ***Your lawyer should report this individual to the District Attorney's Office for the fraud that he committed on you so that he will be prosecuted in Criminal Court,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

hi, clarification: Vigo remittances admits that he took the money, what they said is when that happened the business was still with my name on it. That to them is enough to come after me. Therefore, they put a hold on my house until that money get pay off.

How they got any judge to do that, I do not know. when I got an execution on money judment from Vigo remittance because they after me for that money, it was already done on their behave. They claimed they could not find me, so the judge gave it to them. It is a night mare.

Thank you for your help, I already rate you.

Dear Francisca, thank you for the Excellent Service rating, I appreciate it greatly,

I know that this is a very difficult time for you and I know the frustration you must feel because of the unjust action Vigo has taken against you. Sometimes the law moves very slowly and when this happens, your lawyer has to give it a little push to get things moving a little faster. Maybe this is what you should tell your lawyer to do.

I wish you the est of luck in Court,

ANDREA