Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Hello i want to know if there is a way to get custody of a

Hello i want to know if there is a way to get custody of a child if the child isnt born yet. The mother is living in a very unstable place im concerned for the health of the baby
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Hello i want to know if there is a way to get custody of a child if the child isnt born yet.
.
No, there would not be any legal way to file a paternity action for a child that is still in eutero (unborn). Until a child is born a father has no legal rights to any type of custody because up until the birth, the mother could decide to terminate the pregnancy or she could have a miscarriage. Since there is no guarantee that a child will survive the pregnancy, a father can't obtain any type of legal rights over the child until there is a live birth.
.
.
Thanks