Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am a 50% partner in a Texas LLC; This is a training company

I am a 50% partner in a Texas LLC; This is a training company providing training for various companies, My Business Partner has been conducting training for clients and taking the clients payment checks and depositing them in his personal checking account and using the money for personal use.

The amount exceeds $25,000.00, What are my remedies.

Thank you for your question and for asking for me. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeing.

This is considered theft from the LLC and the LLC has to file a complaint with the DA and the LLC would have to sue him for reimbursement to the LLC. Unfortunately, under Texas law an LLC is considered a separate person who can sue or be sued, which means that an owner/member of an LLC cannot represent the LLC in court and the LLC must be represented by an attorney or it would be considered unauthorized practice of law.

You as a member of the LLC can file charges with the DA for theft against your partner, but when it comes to suing, you would need a Texas attorney to represent the LLC and sue him for reimbursement.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.