Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I buy and sell mobile homes personally is there any limit to

I buy and sell mobile homes personally is there any limit to how many I can sell without registering as a dealer in Nebraska?

Dwayne B. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

Dwayne B. :

In Nebraska the Motor Vehicle Industry Regulation Act is Nebraska Statutes 60-1401 through 60-1440 regulate the sale of mobile homes under the same act as cars, trucks and trailers.

Dwayne B. :

According to those statutes if you sell more than 8 of them a year then you would be required to have a license which has an annual fee of $160 and then you would have to post a surety bond as well. The surety bonds can be obtained through local insurance companies. The last time I looked the surety bond was $25,000 but, of course, it actually costs much less than that to get the bond.

Dwayne B. :

The statutes can be found at http://nebraskalegislature.gov/laws/browse-chapters.php?chapter=60 but their website appears to be down today.

Customer:

thank you. XXXXX finance them myself too is there any laws against that or limitations?

Thanks for the Positive Rating.

There are limitations on financing but the general issues are the interest you are allowed to charge. There is some information on that at http://www.loanback.com/category/usury-laws-by-state/#Nebraska

Do you use a lawyer to draft your agreements?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes we do. Thanks for the answer. I'll recommend your services.

Thanks much.

There is no real issue with owner financing other than the rates. Your lawyer can cover all that in the agreements you have with the people you are financing for.

Best wishes to you.
Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR DWAYNE B” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.