Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  14 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 24+ yrs
19958803

how can you find out if a family member has money coming from

how can you find out if a family member has money coming from a law suit and if there is a law suit even pending she wants to borrow money but i cant afford to be taken for any more money
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
If a person has a lawsuit ongoing, then there would be some record of it in the county where it was filed in the court records. If this is a civil lawsuit then it would either be in the Municiple or Superior courts and you could check with the clerk of the courts under her name to see if a case has been filed. They are public records so you could even get a copy of the case file if you wanted it.
.
An easier way would be to just ask her for the case number XXXXX the court it was in and call the clerk to verify if there really was a case...
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if she was hurt at work was told from the DR not to go to work the ins company forced her to go back and there is proof of this what kind of law suit would it be

she borrowed 10.000 from me i need to know that i can finnally find out the truth were should i get my info please tell me were i can get answers i think she is bull shitting me it my own sister it hurts

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
I understand that is it tough to think that your own family member may have taken advantage of you.

If she was injured at work then this would likely be a personal injury or worker's comp lawsuit. If it is legitimate, it should be in the Circuit court in the county where she lives or was injured.
.
So if you contact the Circuit Court clerk in the county where she was injured or lives and ask them if they have record of a case where she is the plaintiff, they can tell you.
.
If there is no record of a case being filed, then she may be deceiving you...
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

see may be deceiving me wouldnt the court have to know

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
The court clerk would be able to tell you if she had a case filed. But if she has lied to you and defrauded you, you could sue her in court to get a judgment against her.
.
The problem would be if she doesn't have a lawsuit going and doesn't have any money or a job to repay you...
.
.
Thanks
Barrister, Attorney
Experience: 14 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 24+ yrs