Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I being sued for $80,000 breach of contract for failing to

I'm being sued for $80,000 breach of contract for failing to repay a $6,700 loan. Should I hire a company for $1,500 to try and get a settlement amount? This company stated that they can often get the settlement as low as 15%. Or should I go to the court date and see what happens?
Hello and welcome

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will provide you information in this regard today

While I cannot tell you what to do, the fact is if you hire the company that can delay the court proceedings and it may be they can get you a settlement. Most times, these efforts are very successful.

If you go to court, I suggest you will want to have a local attorney with you - because if you lose then there will be a judgment against you and that means your wages, any income tax return can be garnished and a lien placed against any assets that you may own.