TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I live in new braunfels texas and this evening at approximately

I live in new braunfels texas and this evening at approximately 1900 hours a female driving her vehicle was following to closely and as I came up to the stop light I did e brake stop so that she would not follow me that closely. I did not pay any further attention to her until she jumped out of her vehicle and she started yelling at me as to why I was writting her registration down. I could not see her license # XXXXX she was too close behind me so I wrote her registeration.and inspection down.She asked me why wrote her registration down and I explained to her that she had been following to closely. She proceed to yell and asked why did that and I explained because I could see her license number. She than threatened me by stating that her husband was a police officer and she would call him to the seen once she got back in her vehicle. After observing what she was doing I got out of my vehicle walked up to her vehicle and she lowered her window and I apologized to her Please advise

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

My understanding of your situation was that you took down the woman's information because you felt she was following you too closely. License information which is displayed on a vehicle is not private information and you had the absolute right to write it down if you wanted to. This woman had no cause to get upset with you or to jump out of her car and yell at you.

That being said, her actions did not break the law either. As long as she did not physically threaten you and did not assault you in any way, then there is nothing illegal about her actions. Her threat to call her husband who is a police officer is likewise not illegal, although it is not ethical.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am credited by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your help. I just have never had to deal with that kind of situation before and and It takes me awhile to think fast on my feet.I appreciate you and your excellent service.

Tim Philippi

You are very welcome. Glad to be of service. Thank you for the positive rating.