Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Just a quick follow-up. Is this not treated as community property

Just a quick follow-up. Is this not treated as community property in CA? I ask since you didn't really answer clearly about ongoing interest payments to my wife when I die. I think I know the answer but just want clarity. Thanks.
Thank you for your new question.

No, I am afraid that under CA Community Property law, inheritance is not community property, it is separate property. This is also why people use a trust, to prevent a relative's spouse from getting anything from the inheritance. So, upon your death, she is entitled to nothing because the payments from the trust are your separate property.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.