LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

My son is having a hearing on the 16th of Sept.. he needs to

My son is having a hearing on the 16th of Sept.. he needs to know what would be the best thing to say when the judge asks why he should be granted the modification.. what is the most important thing to say?? Please help.. [email protected]
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. What type of modification is your son seeking? If you can clarify this for me, I can provide you with a more direct answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I understand.. He has 3 stacked 6year sentences and is going for sentence mod to get his charges running cc

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My son has 3 stacked 6 year sentences and we are trying to get them cc.. We need to know what is the most important thing's this judge is going to want to hear when he asks my son why the sentence modification should be granted

Dolly, thank you for the additional information. One of the most important things for the Judge to see, is that your son has been rehabilitated. He will want to see what he has done to change his life around and how if he is released, he can become a productive member of society .The judge will want to see a plan of action and what your son will do with his life, if the sentence is reduced and he gets out sooner. He will want to see that he acknowledges and takes responsibility for the past and has changed to be a better person. It is certainly not a time for him to argue facts about his cases or to complaint about the sentence imposed. It is a chance to try and convince the Judge that he has served enough time or his time for release is near and that there is no benefit of keeping him incarcerated and having the burden and cost of doing so, fall on the State of South Dakota. He can show that he can support himself and give back to society in a positive way.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.