Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

How difficult is it to sue for malpractice? My wife has had

How difficult is it to sue for malpractice?
My wife has had severe debilitating neck pain for 2 years. Been in and out of hospitals, pain management. We believe that it was started by going to see an upper cervical chiropractor for a minor pain.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Malpractice cases in FL are a bit difficult because not all treatment by a doctor that does not work is malpractice. You have to prove that the doctor acted below the reasonable standard of care in your treatment and caused you permanent harm and to do that at the time you even file your suit you must have a medical expert willing to write a verified written medical opinion as to what the reasonable grounds were to believe the other doctor was negligent (See: FL Stat. 766.203). The expert will also have to testify in the trial.

The doctor is going to have to testify not only the first doctor was negligent, but that the negligence caused your current problem.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.