Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I signed for a hair follicle drug test in court to have the

I signed for a hair follicle drug test in court to have the rights to supervise visits for my daughter and her sons visits.

I was granted the rights last Feb and now the father of the baby is accusing me of being a drug addict...not true.

The test is $325. I am a widow and do not have the money. I feel to step out of the whole situation and move on in my life and let this be my daughters and the babys father deal with this. I have been told because i signed to have this done in court I cannot back out of it.

I signed the paperwork before I knew how much $ it would be.

What are my rights as I feel I have been profiled because my daughter was an addict.

Kirk Adams :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.

Kirk Adams :

If you agreed in court before the judge to have this test done, then you'd be obligated to do it IF the judge issued an ORDER directing that this be done. However, if you have changed your mind and want to withdraw, you can BUT you'd have to file a motion with the court asking to withdraw the agreement.

Kirk Adams :

You can explain to the judge that you can't afford the test and that you can't proceed because of the financial issue.

Kirk Adams :

Thanks for your question, and if you need anything further, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The mediating attorney said I had to sign because if I dont the judge would ask anyways. I feel I have been profiled . Thank you so very much with your help I will go to court and file a motion. Will I have to go in front of the judge again and the mediator for this ? I find it very upsetting.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Last April the baby's father made a false accusations against me. DCF cleared me.

I had been a theraputic foster parent for 14 years prior to being my grandsons foster parent. Shouldn't my life and references be enough ? I feel like I am being bullied and looked upon with clouded vision because of the mistakes my daughter has done.

Hi -

If you agreed to do this, then you're likely going to have to go before the judge via motion and ask that you be allowed to withdraw that agreement. If the financial concern is the issue, the judge can relieve you of your obligation; it may even be possible that there's a way to have the test done at a less expensive rate. You'll just have to speak with the judge about how to resolve this.

Thanks for allowing me to assist you, and I wish you the best of luck with this. If you need anything further, please don't hesitate ask. Also, here's a link to my profile if you need anything further: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-kirkadams/