John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
71296933

what does it mean when they say Statite pf limitations

Customer Question

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. A statute of limitations is a time limit in which a legal claim must be brought or it is barred legally. These are generally listed within a statute or by common law. For example the limits for the following claims are:
  • Medical malpractice actions: Three years from the date of injury or one year from the date of discovery of the injury, whichever occurs first.
  • Breach of an oral contract: Two years.
  • Breach of a written contract: Four years.
  • Suits for libel or slander: One year.
  • Personal injury claims based on negligence: Two years.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – select the Reply to Expert or Continue Conversation button. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.

John, Attorney
Experience: Licensed and practicing attorney.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, A person has known for five years that a LLC was cancelled by it members. Five years has passed and this person has just filed a action with the court in California claiming that this LLC, was canceled by fraud. and this person wants the court to order that the cancelled LLC be reinstated, this person wants to take the Court Order to the California Secertary of State to reinstated the canceled LLC. Is it to late for the Court to order that this be done. when you answer please cite statue or case law etc to support answer. Remember this is s statute of limitation issue.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m Wendy, and I’m moderator for this Legal topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy