Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

for JD 1992 Hey man, im the dude youve talked to before

Customer Question

for JD 1992

Hey man, i'm the dude you've talked to before about the duis thats now working here......

Anyways few questions.

1. if someone doesn't give you a response on a question, do you ever get paid?

2. if someone (not me) was to move to a non dmv compliant state......like several states over.....what are your chances of being extradited for a dui? or even getting a DL?

3. i have a skin issue, a bad one i have to put many types of creams with alcohol on them a day. the court makes me take a etg test, which is mostly been proven to be trash science - hairspray will cause a positive - this will be causing me to break my pr bound of course.....i have perscriptions etc, they care not. How much does breaking bail up the antty? how many more years in prison?

http://www.bayareaduidefense.com/dmv_hearing/license_compact.html
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Dwayne B. :

Hi again.

Dwayne B. :

1. if someone doesn't give you a response on a question, do you ever get paid? No, you don't.

Dwayne B. :

2. if someone (not me) was to move to a non dmv compliant state......like several states over.....what are your chances of being extradited for a dui? or even getting a DL? They rarely extradite for DUIs. If you get picked up it means you have to spend about thirty to forty five days in jail waiting for them to say they don't want to extradite. As far as getting a DL that varies. Most states that aren't a member of the compact don't automatically honor DL suspensions but if it is already listed as suspended they won't issue you a license.

Dwayne B. :

How much does breaking bail up the antty? It doesn't really up the years, they just may keep you in jail without bail until the case is handled.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm sorry, but this makes no sense to me -

Most states that aren't a member of the compact don't automatically honor DL suspensions but if it is already listed as suspended they won't issue you a license.

And would a state lets say on the east cost bother to actually extradite you for a dui? and is there a time limit where that just falls off?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
While your license suspension is pending, but not in place, you can go to a non-compact state and get another one issued. If the suspension is in place they won't issue you a new one (most times) because their policy is not to do so, not because the other state suspended it and they are upholding their suspension.

No, there is really no time limit on extraditions. If it is a felony DUI then they are more likely to extradite you than if it was a first time DUI. A lot depends on their budgets since they have to spend a bunch of money and time to come get you. Some states just won't bother unless it is for something like murder whereas other states will sometimes and won't other times. No real rhyme or reason.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience: Began practicing law in 1992
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well in this case - no one was hurt - mistiomedor

Would i ever be able to get a DL in another state?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
I can't speak to all states. However, what you may want to do is go to a state that is not a member of the compact and set up a residence there and apply for a license now. It takes a while for suspensions to make it onto the system and if they aren't a member of the compact then once you get your license in the new state you would be less likely to have it suspended for something that happened in the old state. However, you don't want to wait too long because it is hard to get one once the suspended status shows up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah, thats coming up sooner than you think - friday......its official.

I know you cant make a judgment - Chance of the cops coming several states over for DUI#2 no one hurt, and one of them there is no evidence yet (crime lab shut down)

Would i be worth it?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
I wouldn't think there was much chance. That's just a guess, but it would be unusual for them to do so on a misdemeanor.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok.

Is it cool if i PM you ever?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Sometimes I don't get them though, some kind of glitch in either the software or my browser. It was site wide for a while. We can't answer questions in the PMs though, the website doesn't allow it. The moderators can see everything we PM to each other from what I understand.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ohh, ill test your PM for you now -ok?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Sure. I'm just about to go offline for a while but I'll check it when I get back.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in a diff county, with no billing, etc addys....would it ever blow over?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and why do they do this to people? it seems un fair.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
No, it's not likely to just blow over. Once a warrant is entered it's in the system forever or until an arrest occurs.

I don't know what to tell you about by they do it, other than DWI cases are political fodder.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
man im sorry - whats that mean? so this is all politics?

im very confused - i know the cops here drink and smoke pot all the time.

Im really confused.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
politics is the reason they pursue these cases so aggressively. MADD is a powerful political force and they will support an opponent in an election if the DA isn't aggressive on DWIs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey man, im sorry i did not get back to you -

My father once again f**ked me - he went out after my gf.....so i had to get inbetween and only pretty much got him down. I left with a hair line fractured arm.

not great - we bolted and missed my piss test - was not thinking.

Do you have any advice? Like i said b4 i partly got in case2, well ore like 95% bc he had got so shit case drunk - and told someone i beat him - the irony....

If i moved to another state and get picked up, what am i looking at?

She was terrified, we headed about 120 miles over - im not driving and care not.

If i had to go to the hospital, will they contact the cops - say i had a heart attak.....
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
The hospital usually wouldn't contact the police as far as I know. I've never seen them do it anyway.

If you get caught they'll charge you with a failure to appear in addition to the DWI/DUI and they will default your bond.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does that make it a felony?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one more question -

Can you get married with this on you? or are you gona get picked up asap?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
There is no reason you couldn't be married. I have never seen anything connected with a marriage that also checks for warrants, etc.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
right.....and is it illegal to say, go for a walk with no ID.....etc.....just a head set and rock out?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 12 months ago.
No, it's not required to carry ID when you are out walking.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
so, say someome is just out walking.......rocking out - no need to talk to cops?
No, no requirement that you talk to the police. For them to stop you they have to have a reasonable suspicion or probable cause, depending on the exact circumstances. Cops in the US aren't supposed to just stop people and start asking them questions.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
so, like i can go for walks.......walk to dinner, etc?
You should be able to. If they stop you and run a check and you have a warrant they'll arrest you, but they're not supposed to just stop you.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
so, leaving ID at home - going for a walk like 3 blocks - rocking out, might be safe?
Should be.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hey man, im sorry to bug you again -

im on a tight budget, scared....

If i needed to go to hospital, do you NEED id or would they service you..... as you know i have liver isssues -

theres one very close to here, i have insurance but not here -

but if you walked in and needed ER and had no ID, cops inbound?
I've never seen the cops called to an ER when someone doesn't have ID unless they are disruptive or some indication of being involved in a crime. I never say never but it would surprise me if they did since there are privacy concerns at issue.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
thanks, man -

i like you, your a nice dude.
You're welcome and thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
chances of ja, kicking someone works here, that may or may not have a record?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.
No idea. I've never heard of it being an issue but don't know for sure. I wouldn't think they check.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ty brother.
You're welcome.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry to bug again -

Like i told you, i had to cut the zip tie off on my sleep timer watch (no f**king clue why they make you wear this) but i had an f**ked up arm.....i fully plan on returning it, one way or the other. Does this = felony....

what do you think the max time ill server is?
No idea, that's a judge think and the answer depends on the judge. If they don't give you an extra charge like destroying property, and they probably won't, it doesn't really mean any extra time it may just mean a bond revocation.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the watch is fine - all i did was cutt off a ziptie.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the only damage is, a ziptie and it needs to be charged.....
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
And, sorry again for pumping you for info -

Can your lawyer release info via email, etc......such as ip addresses?