Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

i need to creat a court order to be filed with my order of

i need to creat a court order to be filed with my order of protection so i can remove my name from bank accounts we shared ....can any one give me a idea on what i should ask the judge to sign when in file the order

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you want your name removed from bank accounts, your order of protection should state something to the effect of, "It is hereby further ordered, adjudged and decreed that (your name) shall be immediately removed from all jointly held bank accounts or credit accounts (if there are credit accounts) as allowed for by law." If there is a mortgage or car loan, "It is also ordered, adjudged and decreed that (other party's name) shall make all good faith efforts necessary to refinance or otherwise have (your name) removed from that mortgage/car loan or cause the property to be sold within 12 months from date of this order and proceeds properly divided between the two parties (you can state here how they should be divided, for example, 50-50 or 60-40)."

This means that if there are any credit accounts such as a mortgage, those cannot be changed unless the other person refinances that mortgage, so the court cannot order your removal from the mortgage or car loan as that is a contractual issue that the court cannot change.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.