socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

I am a business owner. in March i moved my business location

I am a business owner. in March i moved my business location on the fith the place that i leased for who know why the owner had gotten upset with me I paid the lease and on the 7th he had 12 customers cars impounded. From what was suppose to be my new location. I got lean sale papers and stopped all lean sales. The tow company took me to small claims on all the cars I won Judgment was wrongfully towed. That was good Just now I been trying to recover all the cars and tow yard refuses to let me have cars What can I do I need cars to do repairs and return to owners and rest belong to me. It has been almost 2 months since the Judgment I need advise
Contact the customers. Give them a copy of your judgment of nonliability/dismissal from the small claims court. Tell the customers to contact the local sheriff or police and report that the vehicles were wrongfully towed and that the tow yard has refused to release the vehicles.

The police/sheriff will arrest the tow yard manager. The customers can sue the tow yard for conversion (civil theft). You can sue the landlord for trespass of the vehicles, and for breach of the covenant of quiet enjoyment in your lease.

You need a lawyer, and so do all of the customers. But, if the sheriff/police get involved, they may be able to procure the release of the vehicles in exchange for not prosecuting the tow yard for the wrongful tow. So, I would start there.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you i kinda figured that just one car has a large outstanding bill and customer refuses to pick up and i ran lean just lost papers and looking like i am going to have hard time with that one

The customer may be trying to make you responsible for the vehicle. In fact, you are responsible, if the customer sues you. If that happens, then you would "crossclaim" a lawsuit with the tow yard and landlord, and ask the court to hold them liable for whatever the customer wants from you.

But, at this point, the best you can do is try to give the customer an opportunity to recover the vehicle on his/her own.

Hope this helps.