Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs

What can I do about a law suit against me for delinquent taxes

What can I do about a law suit against me for delinquent taxes on property I know nothing about? They say I owe $13,000.00 on a vacant one acre lot in TX.
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
If this is for back property taxes, then the taxes stay with the property and you aren't personally liable for them. When the property is foreclosed on and sold any proceeds will be used to pay off any delinquent taxes and any unpaid balance is just lost.
They can't come after you personally for property taxes. It is likely that your great uncle died without a will and you inherited some small ownership percentage of the property through the intestate laws that control what happens to a person's estate when someone dies without a will.
So even though you are named as a defendant, you dont' have to worry about them coming after you for the money as you are being named simply as a formality because they legally have to name any owner who has an ownership interest in the property.