Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I received a citation for shooting off illegal fireworks around

I received a citation for shooting off illegal fireworks around my residence. It did cause a fire in the easement field behind my house. It was contained by the fire department. I could have gotten away with it, but told on myself instead. I am a teacher and am very concerned about how this will be recorded as a legal matter and what kind of charges I am looking at. My son was with me and is only 8 years old how will it affect him legally? My official charge is Fireworks UFC. Should I seek local legal counsel?

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.
Kirk Adams : Do you have a Texas Code section you have been charged under?

UFC 7802.3 By ORD 9-2

Kirk Adams : The reason I ask is that most fireworks violations are to Renee by city ordinances and not state statute. This would mean that you generally wouldn't be looking at anything except a fine and possibly paying the cost of the fire departments expense in putting out this fire.

Did I answer your question?

Kirk Adams : Yes, you did. You have been cited under a local ordinance, which should not result in any type of criminal charge.
Kirk Adams : It's a civil penalty. So, as long as you pay the fines and associated costs, you should be ok.
Kirk Adams : Also, this should have no affect in your minor son.

What a relief. How should I plea guilty or no contest?

Kirk Adams : I don't know where you are exactly and don't know that the local ordinance penalty is, but you should be able to find that out from a local city official or lawyer.

Thank you for your time. I will definatly recommend this site to others.