Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
19127644

I got gas that had water in if from a Safeway store and it

I got gas that had water in if from a Safeway store and it cost me $1400.00 to get my car fixed. Can I sue the Store Manager in small claims court for danages?

Thank you for the information and your question. Yes, if Safeway is refusing to process a claim from you, then you can file a small claims court action against them for the damages to your car. You will need to have a mechanic who is willing to testify that the damages to your engine were a direct result of water in gasoline and you will also have to establish when you purchased the gas from Safeway by way of a receipt to credit card charge or debit. The closer in time the damage occurred to when you got gas, the stronger your case.

You can find more information on filing a small claims court action in Washington by going to: http://www.courts.wa.gov/newsinfo/resources/?fa=newsinfo_jury.scc&altMenu=smal

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.

Hello again Charles,

I wanted to touch base with you and thank you for your business. It was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue in the future, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.