Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

In February, my P/G. County home was raided. The target was

In February, my P/G. County home was raided. The target was a close family member who lived in the basement, but not at home. They found trace marijuana, 2 glass vial w/PCP smell, notebook w/rap songs, a unk pill, and an empty baggie box... I had no knowledge of this. They also entered the other two levels we occupy for a much less messy search... Nothing, of course. The relative was put out, but allowed to return w/very strict rules, to include open searches and access. He is going to court via summons and working; however, I recently got a letter from an Asst. States Atty w/15 days to respond to a proposal for a Nuisance to Abate, because of the February's situation. I answered, and got another letter requesting that I come in for further. Am I being subjected to being a part of this that I don't know anything about? Or is it being suggested that I put him out or be fined or charge? Please help!
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Are you being asked to visit DA's office for further questioning?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The letter from her stated it was to inform me that a Nuisance Abatement investigation commenced concerning my property, and that the abatement unit was referred the complaint. She wanted to know if the person was still a tenant in my property, and to provide written documentation of such, to include rental status. It said that she hoped to resolve w/o proceeding to the District Court of MD, and that after 15 days of the letter's date, the Nuisance Abatement Unit will file a Nuisance Abatement Complaint naming the family member and me, the owner, as defendants.

Thank you for your follow up.

This is a serious matter and not only you can be subject to a civil action by your local city / county, but also it appears that there is an undelying criminal investigation related to your tenant's drug activity and you might also be within the scope of this investigation and the DA is simply using Nuisance Abatement tactic to help advance their criminal investigation.

At this point, it would generally not be a good idea for you to try to resolve this on your own, as anything that you state to the DA can and will be used against you in any civil and/or criminal case against you and it would be a good idea to obtain a local criminal defense attorney to represent you in this unfortunate matter.

You can find an experienced local criminal defense attorney by using this well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites:

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.

Do you have any related follow up questions?