Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

My son has been arrested for spousal abuse. He is out on bail

My son has been arrested for spousal abuse. He is out on bail now, for the next two and half weeks. The thing is his wife told a friend the friend told some one else it went down hill from there.
The part I do not understand is he has a lot worse bruises on greater area of his body than she claims on the AFFIDAVIT OF PROBABLE CAUSE. My question is should she not be charged or not?

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

It is rare that both parties get charged in a domestic abuse case.

JD 1992 :

The main reason is that if both get charged then it makes it harder to get a conviction on either of them.

JD 1992 :

He needs to be sure and 1) get pictures of the video and 2) get a lawyer ASAP.

Customer:

He has all that from another person and they took pictures went arrested him, but unless someone brings up to the ADA will they do anything about it? What I said about the bruises was the she worked him over real good. I just hate to see him take all of the blame.

JD 1992 :

His attorney can certainly raise the issue but it isn't likely to do any good, unfortunately. 90% of the time the man gets charged.

JD 1992 :

However, if he decides to fight it then it does give him a good argument that this is an example of a poor investigation.

Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are welcome.