Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I was assaulted by 4 attackers including the bartender, in

Customer Question

I was assaulted by 4 attackers including the bartender, in a VFW hall in New Jersey In June 2013. I have a severe concussion, neck pain, PTSD, and had an appendectomy because of it. I have been in a mental fog since. I wish to sue under premise liability, and or drampshop act. Is this possible?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 years ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

It's really not a premises liability case but it could, potentially, involve the Dram Shop Act.

JD 1992 :

Why do you prefer to sue under those theories other than negligence or one of the others?

JACUSTOMER-9eqt2xzv- :

I would sue for negligence. Is that the best route to go?

JD 1992 :

Yes, negligence and possibly intentional acts but that could void the insurance coverage so you'd have to be careful. Are you planning on hiring a lawyer to help?