socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

Hi there! I am so angry now I could spit!! Fed Ex was supposed

Hi there! I am so angry now I could spit!! Fed Ex was supposed to deliver a package at noon today and left a slip. I had two dogs in the house, my daughter and I and they rang no doorbell or anything. At 12:05 i saw the slip and immediately called them. They SAID they came back at 12:47 p but didn't tell me until JUST NOW that they attempted redelivery. I WAS AT THE HOUSE AND STILL NO FED EX PERSON CAME TO THE HOUSE so now they are blatantly lying for some strange reason. I stayed home
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 months ago.
FedEx delivery policies disclaim any consequential damages related to delivery delay. You can't hold FexEx legally liable.

You can arrange to pick up the package, if the driver brought the truck back to the distribution center. Otherwise, if the driver holds the truck at his/her home overnight, you can't pick up the package, because the driver may not visit the distribution center before returning to your location.

I encourage you to contact FedEx customer service and try to arrange to pick up the package, rather than await delivery. That's really your only workaround.

Please don't "shoot the messenger" (no pun intended).

Hope this helps.
socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience: Retired (mostly)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I LOVE YOUR HUMOR!! I really feel like hitting him/her for lying that they were here! The last call I made to them, they still said they were delivering it tonight. My kids are sitting out front waiting for them! Thank you. PS I may have a fairy tale ending to my dire straits these past few years. I'll keep you abreast of the situation...It's just starting to happen...

...and the winner of the Saturday Sept. 7, 2013 Powerball jackpot is...[insert your name here].

Best wishes, until next time.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

ha ha ha! I never have bought a ticket! I'm into REAL jackpots! lol