Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.

Can i get clarifacation regarding sending digital x-rays to

Can i get clarifacation regarding sending digital x-rays to another doctor. I have a dentist who does digital x-rays and photos of patients which he would like to send to other specialists. We want to make sure that we are HIPPA Compliant. They use G-mail, however they have a few ways which they the data is not accessable via e-mail. I wanted to know if these are viable options for sending patient information.

1) E-mail of patient x-rays to another practice in the native file format: For example Dexis files can be sent as a DEX extension which you can only view if you have Dexis or a program which can be sent to the client called DexView.
2) Using Dropbox or Offsite storage location where you e-mail the link to the practice and they are able to download the files.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I need a bit more information from you before I can proceed to provide you with a complete and thorough answer to your question.

Have you informed the patients about this, including that the dentist would be sharing their information with other specialists?

Are these specialists connected to the practice?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The paitent has signed the standard HIPPA agreements (i believe it was a standard form that they were given). The specialists are not connected to the practice but more of referrals. Such as the dentist is a General Practicitioner and he is sending the x-rays and photos to an Oral Surgeon.

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for the clarification. Allow me to briefly look into this issue for you and I will get back to you shortly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you

I just wanted to know if either ways is a solution to sending the x-rays electronically.

Hello Ryan,

Yes, both methods are sufficient to send patient x-rays, since they do provide for enough protection of the records to not violate HIPPA regulations.

See here:

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get paid for my work.

Thanks and best of luck!