Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.

I had hired an attorney to petition Bank of America to send

I had hired an attorney to petition Bank of America to send me the statement of my late husband, no probate, and I did receive it but I had additional questions on that account about another one and the bank said only the lawyer could request that information. Does this mean I have to pay another fee to the lawyer to open another case to get the information off of the original? This seems to be what the Rep from BofA says. Really? I need help.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I need a bit more information from you before I can proceed to provide you with a complete and thorough answer to your question.

What, if any, reason did they give you that only your lawyer could request this information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He was the one who originally requested the bank statements.
Hello Susan,

That doesn't make any sense and there's no legal grounds for them to require that future requests come from your attorney and not you.

The attorney was only making the requests on your behalf, as your representative, so B of A would not be under any less of an obligation to send you the information that you've requested.

I suggest that you call them back and if you get the same response, act to speak to the representative's superior till you get a satisfactory response to your inquiries.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get paid for my work.

Thanks and best of luck!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Joseph, I was wondering the same thing myself. I hired the lawyer to look into getting the statement from the bank to see where the money went. I got the statement and then had questions about the statement and now I have to have the lawyer call them goodness what a run around. They said I could get a subpoena myself but I do not know how to do that. Can you tell me?

Hello Susan,

Yes, here is a link to the subpoean duces tecum you would need to file if they won't release the documents on their own accord to you. You would need to have it served on the bank and in court.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The link? I am sorry I don't see it. Can you send it again? Thanks

Sorry about that, didn't go through; it's below:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, got it. Thanks. I hope I can do this. I will check back if I need more help. I should have had this all along. I had to wait for about 3 or 4 months to just get that paperwork sent to the lawyer.

Thank you; happy to help and best of luck!
Hello Susan,

Thank you for your positive rating of my service and the generous bonus! It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should you have future legal questions.

Please request me directly by placing “to Joseph” at the beginning of your question and/or requesting me directly.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and best of luck,