Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.

Im not sure what category this fits into, but Im sure a lawyer

I'm not sure what category this fits into, but I'm sure a lawyer can answer this question easily. I'm having work done in my home and the contractor I am using is also doing work for my next door neighbor simultaneously. My neighbor's work required a dumpster. My contractor was paying the dumpster company cash on delivery, but they needed a visa number for a hold. He only uses Amex and needed a card number quickly and asked if he could use mine. They would credit the cost back to me within 10 business days. I allowed him to use it (big mistake.) Of course, it never came back to my credit card account after (supposedly) a few tries and they told my contractor they would cut me a check, which I'm still waiting for my contractor to pick up for me. I was telling this to a friend, who said that if there are ever any fines or tix connected to this dumpster, I would be on record, via my card number, as the one responsible. Please tell me how I can handle this so that my name is XXXXX XXXXX connected with this. I am very concerned and would love a quick answer and solution to this problem.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I need a bit more information from you before I can proceed to provide you with a complete and thorough answer to your question.

Is the dumpster currently out (on the street) or was it picked up and taken away?

Have you tried calling the company to clear the situation up?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The dumpster is no longer there. It was picked up after about a week (in July.) My contractor is dealing with them and says he just has to drive up there when he's able to get the check. I'm concerned about this. I would prefer it credited back to my card, if that would prevent any future responsibility.

If the dumpster is no longer there, it's highly unlikely that you're going to be fined or ticketed for this.

As long as the contractor goes and assumes responsibility for the dumpster, it is immaterial that it be charged back to your account or you receive a check as well. You can and should request something in writing though, from the company and contractor that releases you from any liability or other obligation connected with the rental of the dumpster.

That would ensure that you wouldn't ever be fined or ticketed in connection with the dumpster. You should also call them directly after he works the situation out with them and request that they eliminate your name and record from their registry to ensure that you don't have any issues in the future.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get paid for my work.

Thanks and best of luck!

Thank you for your positive rating of my service and the generous bonus! It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should you have future legal questions.

Please request me directly by placing “to Joseph” at the beginning of your question or you can ask a question directly to me through my URL here:

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and best of luck,