Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.
54899578

Is it required to keep the original deposit account agreements

Is it required to keep the original deposit account agreements or signature cards if they have been scanned or imaged?
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Can you tell me the context of your question?

Is this a personal account and you are asking as the account holder?

Or are you asking if a bank is required to keep original documents?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am asking as a bank. We are just starting a document imaging project and will be scanning and filing our deposit agreements electronically. i am aware that some original documents pretaining to loans must be kept but want to know about original document for deposit accounts such as agreements or signature cards for checking and savings account, and certificate of deposits. For both consumer and commerical customers.

Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello Debbie,

Give me a moment to research this and I'll get back to you shortly.
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello Debbie,

No, it is not necessary to keep the originals for deposit accounts or signature cards. The laws requiring the bank to maintain originals only applies to loan documents.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get paid for my work.

Thanks and best of luck!
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.