John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.

if i gte fired from a brokerage firm, can they prevent me from

if i gte fired from a brokerage firm, can they prevent me from cleaning out my desk,etc. as opposed to them doing it?
Hi thanks for submitting your question today and I'm sorry to hear about your termination. In most instances the employer may legally prohibit the terminated employee from coming back on the employer premises even to clean out a desk; a brokerage firm being a private employer would certainly be an instance where an employer can prohibit the employee from coming back on the premises. An issue could occur in a rare instance where the employee could rightfully claim a privacy right to something on the premises, for example a private locker or locked cabinet to which only the employee has the lock or combination and is generally off limits to the employer or other employees..the employee could claim a violation of privacy right if the employer broke into such a cabinet without permission.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – select the Reply to Expert or Continue Conversation button. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.