Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Psul, Ok, I understand. even though we had a verbal agreement

Psul,
Ok, I understand. even though we had a verbal agreement does that count? Are verbal agreements binding or since the will is how it is stated, I should not even waste my time? I am not contesting the will or the trust. I am under the impression that the will and trust take precedence correct? My question is ... should I or should I not file a claim This is the first time in my life I have been so broke. I used all my savings.
Thank you for your new question.

I am afraid that a verbal agreement cannot be enforced in a probate matter. It is the fact he is not available to testify that he made an agreement with you is the problem. His sister really cannot testify to the agreement, but as the executor she does have discretion to pay a claim to you. I think you should file the claim given her comments and you need to play on her sympathy knowing her brother wanted to care for you and never got to do so.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Paul,

What do you mean by" given her comments"... What did I miss in the interpretation of her words? "I think you should file the claim given her comments and you need to play on her sympathy knowing her brother wanted to care for you and never got to do so."

Thank you for your response. I apologize for the delay I have been or of the country without Internet service.

I mean that given his sister told you that she knew he wanted to change is will to provide for you and she felt bad he never got to do so, you should play on that to get her to agree to give you something from the will as she does not legally have to do so. That is what I meant by playing on her comments