CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I have made a loan to a Maryland LLC. Is there a limit to

I have made a loan to a Maryland LLC. Is there a limit to the interest I can charge the LLC in Maryland?

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question today.

William B. Esq. :

Usury laws are incredibly complex, while the usury rate in Maryland is 6%, you have made a loan to a business, and most commercial loans fall into another bracket, or completely outside of the usury lending laws altogether. Please give me a minute to pull up the applicable statutes so that I can review them.

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, the loan you have described is unregulated by the Maryland usury or credit statutes. You can find an in depth legal discussion of this exemption in the following article on pages 6-7 along with the appropriate citations to the statutory code:

Do I stay on this website for your further response or log off and return to my email?