Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.
8370490

Where can I find a form of Civil Complaint to file a claim

Where can I find a form of Civil Complaint to file a claim under the SC Human Affairs Law for disability discrimination?
Hello JACUSTOMER,

Let me give you some information that will help.

First, basic information about how to file a complaint and understanding the complaint process can be found at the South Carolina Human Affairs Commission website.

Second, if this an employment related disability discrimination issue you would fill out the following forms and return them to the Commission:

Employment Initial Inquiry Questionnaire
Disability Questionnaire

If this is a non-employment related disability discrimination issue, you would use the following form:

Non-Employment Initial Inquiry Questionnaire.

I hope this answers your question.

Thomas
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was aware of those websites. My question specifically requests where I can find a form of CIVIL COMPLAINT to file in South Carolina Circuit Court.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you help me find a form of Civil Complaint to file in South Carolina state court? If not, anything else is non-responsive and not helpful.

Hello JACUSTOMER,

There really is no standard complaint "form" when commencing a civil action against a defendant. But you can use the following as a template to setting forth your allegations of discrimination and the relief you request: Complaint

Note that this complaint "form" is for the Magistrate's Court. So you would want to change the heading to the Circuit Court. And beginning with paragraph 2 you would set forth the specific allegations of fact constituting your complaint of discrimination. You should number each allegation separately. And then when you conclude, you should ask for whatever relied you are requesting whether this be monetary damages, or some type of equitable relief.

Let me also refer you to: FAQs in South Carolina Circuit Courts.

I hope this helps.

Thomas