Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

i have been with the same guy and engaged for 6 yr he worked

i have been with the same guy and engaged for 6 yr he worked in nd and im in ne--100k"s of money was deposited into my acct over that period of time--new horse trailers new trucks 10"s of thousands of horses bought new JD tractors new horse trailers ect all the sudden he broke it off he pd all my bills never wanted me to work as he sold his business for millions of dollars in the oil field--is there anything i can do on this--he stayed up there almost all the time so we actually hardly lived together
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
I am a little unclear what your legal question is...
.
Are you asking if you are able to keep the things that he has given you?
.
Or if you are entitled to some kind of continuing support?
.
Or something else?
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

both i guess--im 58 yr old and he was very plain about me not working as he said it was a waste of time when he made so much and that i should stay home and just train the horses---well i was 6 yrs younger than now im 58 and no training so i will have to work for min wage

I am sorry to have to tell you this, but if you were never legally married, then your status would simply be as boyfriend/girlfriend and there is no legal obligation for one party to support the other in that type of relationship.
.
The only caveat would be if one party had promised to take care of the other party for life and that party had foregone other opportunities in reliance on that promise. This is known as "palimony" and is based on a breach of contract claim. But to be very honest with you, this would require a lawsuit and tens of thousands of dollars for an attorney to pursue this. If there wasn't any explicit agreement that your BF would support you for life, then it would be very difficult to win this type of case. Also this type of case usually only comes up in situations of very long relationships (i.e. 20+ years).
.
So to be very honest, I doubt that this would be a option with a high chance of success considering your facts.
.
As for any gifts or assets that he has given you, those would be yours to keep if they were personal property like jewelry, furniture, electronics, etc, that don't have a title. Assets that have titles or registration like vehicles, boats, etc, would only be yours if they were titled to you solely.
.

I am sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers, even when an answer is not favorable to the customer.

.
.
Thanks

Thanks so much for the positive rating and generous bonus, it is very much appreciated!

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. I am sorry I wasn't able to provide more favorable news. Please feel free to ask for me if you need help with anything in the future and I will do everything I can to help or get you to someone who can.

.