Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

1. Can Business owner have gun on business premises to protect

1. Can Business owner have gun on business premises to protect himself and his property, in car in parking lot and be able carry gun from car to business without a carry permit without a specific license excluding any limitation of the person due criminal or mental history,domestic criminal history, etc.
2. Can that gun be loaded and concealed in all of theses situations.
3. Please cite the Texas law in this regard.

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Under Texas Code 46.02 It is illegal to carry without a permit unless
as stated below in the Texas Code

(a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:

(1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control; or

(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control.

That means that a business person may have a gun on the premises and they may transport it in a vehicle without a permit

However, when such transport is in progress, the gun and ammunition must be separate and apart stored separately in lock boxes and in the truck of the vehicle.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does the locked and separate in car requirement also apply when traveling?